Ganga Dussehra 2022: Dussehra has a great importance in Hinduism. Ganga Dussehra will be celebrated on the tenth day of Shukla Paksha of Jyeshtha month, June 9, 2022, a day before Nirjala Ekadashi. Religious belief is that on this day Mother Ganga descended from the kamandal of Brahma ji, the creator of the universe and descended on the earth. Due to the severe penance of King Bhagirath, Mother Ganga was descended on earth. Before the incarnation on earth, the river Ganges was a part of heaven.
Dussehra Of meaning
Dussehra means the destruction of 10 mental disorders. These ten mental vices are anger, greed, attachment, item, matsara, ego, laziness, violence and theft. In Hinduism, the festival of Ganga Dussehra is celebrated with great enthusiasm and pomp.
Ganges Dussehra why celebrated go is
According to mythology, on this day due to the penance, tireless efforts and diligence of King Bhagirath, Ganga came out of Brahma’s kamandal and sat in the hairs of Shiva and Shiva opened his crest and allowed Ganga to go to earth. That is why the day of descent of Ganga is known as Ganga Dussehra.
Ganges Dussehra Of Importance
- According to the religious belief of Hindus, taking a bath in the Ganges early in the morning on the day of Ganga Dussehra and performing aarti to Mother Ganga destroys all sins. Donation after bathing in the Ganges also has special significance.
- It is a belief that there are no insects in the water of the Ganges and its water is not polluted, so bathing in this water destroys diseases.
- By bathing, meditating and doing tarpan on the day of Ganga Dussehra, the body becomes pure and free from mental disorders.
- The mere touch of the nectar-daiini mother Ganga ends the sins of the pastoral creatures and they get liberation.
Ganges Dussehra date And Good Auspicious beginning
Ganga Dussehra will be celebrated on Thursday, June 9, 2022.
- tenth date start, June 09, 2022 at 08:21 am
- tenth date End, June 10, 2022 at 07:25 am
- Hand Star start, June 09, 2022 at 04:31 am
- Hand Star End, June 10, 2022 at 04:26 am
- lapse Total start, June 09, 2022 at 03:27 am
- lapse Total End, June 10, 2022 at 01:50 am
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of belief, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.