Carpal tunnel syndrome: Numbness or tingling in the middle of the hand is a common thing as long as it happens after you do some heavy work or sit in one position for a long time. But if you are having this problem often then it should not be ignored. Because this problem can also be due to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Actually, a vein of the hand is pinched in the wrist, this vein is connected from the arm to the wrist. The part of the hand through which this vein goes, that part is called tunnel. When there is swelling in this tunnel due to any reason, then pressure starts building on this vein and due to this, there is a problem of tingling and strange pain in the hand or wrist. Massage in this situation gives a lot of benefits. However, this massage should be done only by an expert.
Causes of swelling in the hand tunnel
- overuse of hands
- often lifting heavy objects
- any injury or accident
- hit with the side of the hand
- due to thyroid
- during pregnancy
Any of these can lead to tunnel swelling, fluid retention, or pinched nerves, which can lead to tingling or numbness. Now the question arises that if you do not know the reason for your pain, then how do you know whether it is happening due to syndrome or due to some other reason?
These are the symptoms of the syndrome
- The problem of tingling and numbness in your hand mainly occurs up to the thumb, index finger and middle finger, and on increasing the problem, this problem also occurs in the ring finger, whereas this problem is not felt in the Kanishka finger.
- You may also feel this pain in the arm, elbow and wrist. Even when this pain increases, it also reaches to the shoulder.
- Numbness in hands and fingers
- Loss of grip or loss of hand
- more trouble at night
- Difficulty driving, cycling, and reading
There are many treatments available for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. In this, from physiotherapy to medicines, surgery and anti-inflammatory drugs, the problem is also corrected. Therefore, if you are seeing such symptoms in your hand, then you must contact the doctor.
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet, consult a doctor.
Read also: Are you tired all day? The reason is these 10 habits
Read also: Cavity can take dangerous form if ignored, know the preventive measures
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )
Calculate The Age Through Age Calculator