Bedwetting Habit in Kids: Bed-wetting is a childhood problem in which the child unconsciously urinates on the bed during sleep even after the age of 5 years. This problem of bed wetting affects about 15-20% of children in the age group of 5 years, 10% of children in the age group of 7 years and 8% in the age group of 9 years and its serious impact is not only on the development and development of the affected children. Behavior, such as low self-confidence, social problems, cognitive problems, mental problems, etc., but it causes trouble for their family.
Doctors say that most children have complete control over their bladder by the age of 5. Even after the age of 5 years, if a child inadvertently wets the bed at least twice a month, then the child is considered to be suffering from the problem of bed wetting. But bed-wetting is not such a common problem that it should be ignored. But this problem can be avoided by taking care of some things like –
- In order to get rid of the problem of wetting their child, parents should never punish the child for it.
- Encourage the child on the day the child did not wet the bed and praise him for his efforts.
- Ask the child to urinate before going to bed, even when he does not feel the need to do so.
- Do not give liquids at all two hours before going to bed. It is advisable to give 40% of the fluid needs of the whole day in the morning. Give 40% in the afternoon and 20% only in the evening.
- Remind the child that you are with him in order to get rid of his problem. If the problem is more, then consult your doctor for this.
- If the child is more than 7 years of age, then use the alarm. If you want to get rid of this problem quickly, then use the alarm for at least six months.
- If the child wets the bed even after doing all these efforts, then meet the doctor to know the reason and get the treatment done.