Akshaya Tritiya 2022 History& Significance: Today on May 3, the festival of Akshaya Tritiya is being celebrated all over the country. This festival brings good luck and prosperity in the lives of the people. It is believed that buying gold and property on this day brings prosperity and wealth in life. The festival of Akshaya Tritiya is celebrated by people of both Hindu and Jain religions all over the world. Akshaya Tritiya is also known as Akha Teej or Akshay Teej.
renewable Tritiya Of History
The history of Akshaya Tritiya is very old. Akshaya Tritiya is celebrated for these reasons.
- Maharishi Ved Vyas started writing Mahabharata from the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- Mother Ganga descended from heaven to earth on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- Mother Annapurna’s birthday is also celebrated on Akshaya Tritiya.
- Donating charity to the needy on the day of Akshaya Tritiya is extremely important.
It is believed that on this day Satya Yuga and Treta Yuga started. The end of the Dwapar era and the end of the Mahabharata war also took place on this date. The incarnation of Lord Vishnu’s Nar Narayan incarnation, Hayagriva, Parashuram ji also took place on this date.
renewable Tritiya Of Importance
On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, any new work can be started without any thought. There is absolutely no need to see the Panchang for starting a new business, buying a building or plot, entering a house, buying jewellery, clothes, vehicles etc., marriage ceremony, shaving ceremony etc.
- Rishabhdev Ji Maharaj, the first originator of Jainism, broke his fast with sugarcane juice on this day after years of penance.
- Fasting and worship also have special significance on Akshaya Tritiya. On this day Lord Vishnu and Mata Lakshmi are worshiped with white lotus or white rose flowers.
- After the worship of Akshaya Tritiya, prasad of barley or wheat sattu, cucumber, cucumber, gram dal is distributed. After the worship, donations of fruits, flowers, utensils, clothes etc. are given to the Brahmin.
- Akshaya Tritiya is also the day of the end of spring and the beginning of summer, so on this day, water-filled pots, fans, stands, umbrellas, cantaloupe, sugar, rice, salt etc. are donated in summer.
renewable Tritiya Of ritual And Celebration
People worship Lord Vishnu by keeping a fast on the day of Akshaya Tritiya. Akshat, turmeric and kumkum are offered to Lord Vishnu in worship on this day. After the worship, Prasad is distributed and donations are given.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of validation, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.